Help for South Cairns Families and Children!
Mission Australia’s ‘Communities for Children (C4C)‘ launched their FREE Family Membership at Earlville Shopping Centre at the C4C Corridor Links Hub recently. Shoppers with children joined the fun, with face painting, balloons and giveaways.
C4C Family Membership is an opportunity to connect with your community and to be kept informed on information that might be of interest to families. This information may include:
- Family friendly events
- Workshops for parents
- Services available for families
Membership is open to families with children 0-12 years old living in the South Cairns and Yarrabah. Some of the benefits of being a member of Community Connect:
- Community Connect quarterly newsletter full of all sorts of information and competitions
- Advance invitations to family events
- Invitation to free or low cost workshops for parents
- Information for free or low cost activities for children
- An opportunity to give your feedback on what is happening in your community and what you would like.
Cr. Rob Pyne said, “We need more family friendly initiatives like this and the focus on children is also welcomed.”
Further information and a membership form can be found on page 2.