Information on the new Household Assistance Package!
The Household Assistance Package starts from May 2012 with an initial payment, followed by tax cuts in July 2012 and then ongoing assistance added to regular entitlements from March 2013.
The package includes:
- an initial payment paid automatically to eligible customers
- increases to regular payments commencing from March 2013
- new tax cuts effective from July 2012
- extra assistance, available from July 2012, as well as extra support for Australians relying on essential medical equipment at home.
The Household Assistance Package is part of the Australian Government’s plan for a clean energy future. Around 500 of the biggest polluters in Australia will pay for their pollution under the carbon pricing mechanism, which will be used to assist households to help meet price impacts.
- For more information visit Clean Energy Future.
The Household Assistance Package includes the following payments:
- Initial payment – Clean Energy Advance
- Increase to regular payments – Clean Energy Supplement
- Additional support – Low Income Supplement
- Additional support – Essential Medical Equipment Payment
- Additional support – Single Income Family Supplement