Can’t Do Campbell is telling more Porkies!!! Queensland just ain’t Spain!!!
Just in case you need further convincing as to how ridiculous the Premier’s comments re Spain were, here are a few comparisons:
* Spain is undergoing a banking crisis as reported by The Economist and Reserve Bank of Australia. Is the Premier implying Suncorp is bankrupt?
* Spain has a credit rating of BBB. Queensland has a rating of AA+ stable.
* The Reserve Bank’s board minutes from last month mention Spain’s debt crisis as a factor for interest rate cuts but not Qld.
* Spain has an unemployment rate of 24% – Qld’s is 5.5%.
* Labor left Queensland with a debt to GSP ratio of 12% for the General Government. The equivalent ratio as measured by the International Monetary Fund for Spain is 79%.
No comparison…just the running of a lot of bull.