CRC Free garden mulch giveaway!
Garden mulch will be made available to residents free of charge from Cairns Regional Council’s waste transfer stations next week.
Mayor Bob Manning said the green waste disposal period had proved popular.
“Many residents took the opportunity to clean up their yards prior to the start of the wet season and the staff at the transfer stations have been busy mulching piles and piles of clippings and branches,” Cr Manning said.
“Now that mulch can be returned to the community free of charge. But get in early if you can, as there is a limited supply and it can disappear quickly.”
Mulch will be available to collect on Friday, 13 December, to Monday, 16 December from the following locations:
· Portsmith Transfer Station (open 7 days 8.30 am – 5.15pm)
· Smithfield Transfer Station (Mon to Sat 7am – 5.15pm, Sun 9am – 5.15 pm)
· Gordonvale Transfer Station (7 days 8.30 am – 5:15pm)
· Killaloe Transfer Station (Mon to Sat 8am – 5.15 pm, Sun 9am – 5.15pm)
· Newell Beach Transfer Station (Mon & Fri 7am – 11.45am, Wed noon – 5.45pm, Sat 7am – 6pm)
· Babinda Transfer Station (7 days 8.30am – 4.30pm)
Mulch is for domestic use only and can be collected via car, utility, trailer or light truck up to 4 tonnes maximum GVM.
Council staff will be able to assist with loading vehicles using appropriate mechanical equipment.