Do you receive a Pensioner rate subsidy from Council?
Cairns Regional Council invites pensioner ratepayers who are NOT currently receiving a rate subsidy from the State Government to lodge an application for rate subsidy at the Cairns Regional Council’s business offices.
Pensioners who qualify for the rate subsidy are those who are holders of one of the following cards:
* Queensland ‘Pensioner Concession Card’ issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs;
* Queensland ‘Repatriation Health Card – For All Conditions’ (Gold Card) issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
And are the OWNER/S OR LIFE TENANT (either solely or jointly) of the property within the boundaries of the Cairns Regional Council and whose property is their principal place of residence.
This 20% rate subsidy will apply to rates and charges levied for the period 1 January 2014 to 30 June 2014 up to a maximum of $100.00.
New applicants and those persons currently receiving a rate subsidy whose circumstances have altered in the last six (6) months, and persons who have purchased a new property in the last six (6) months need only apply.
All applications must be completed and lodged on or before 31 December 2013 at:
* Cairns Regional Council Administration Building, 119-145 Spence St, Cairns City
* Smithfield Library, Cheviot St, Smithfield
* Earlville Library, Earlville Shopping Centre
* Babinda Library, 24 Munro St, Babinda
* Gordonvale Library, 88 Norman St, Gordonvale
* Mossman Administration Building, 64-66 Front St, Mossman
Please note when applying for rate subsidy, all applicants are required to present their relevant pension cards for photocopying by a Council officer.
All pensioners who are deemed eligible for the State Government rate subsidy may also be entitled to a Council rate subsidy.
If you have any queries in relation to the rate subsidy, please contact Council on 4044 3044.