Not4Sale campaign ramping up attack on toxic duo Nicholls and Newman
From Thursday Island to the Gold Coast the message is the same Our Assets are Not4Sale
As the State Government rolls into Rockhampton for another sanitized Community Cabinet the Not4Sale campaign will be ramping up its activities across the State against the Government’s Asset Sales agenda, starting this weekend.
Stuart Traill from the Not4Sale campaign said it was becoming increasingly clear that LNP MP’s across Queensland were not listening to their communities and were instead in lock step with the Brisbane based “Toxic Duo” Newman and Nicholls.
“We saw this week the Government hand over its control of electricity pricing in the South East to private retailers like AGL and Origin that last year alone made $570 million and $530 million profits respectively. And as recently as yesterday the Government again refused to disclose the amounts of taxpayers’ money being paid to consultants and merchant bankers estimated to be more than $300 million (Courier Mail City Beat 3rdSeptember) to prepare public assets for a sale they haven’t got a mandate to conduct, it is a disgraceful theft of Queenslanders money,” Traill said
“We are holding rallies and activities across the state this weekend targeting lazy LNP MP’s with the message “every time Nicholls and Newman talk about asset sales you lose another vote, it’s about time you represented the 80% of Queenslanders who oppose asset sales”” he said.
Traill confirmed the Not4Sale campaign would join with other groups at the Rockhampton Community Cabinet to send Nicholls, Newman and the rest of the LNP cabinet a clear message, Queenslanders have had enough.
“We expect Nicholls and co will follow a familiar pattern and avoid the public, but they can’t hide forever, they will be held accountable”
“Asset sales will mean we all pay more for an essential service, that will be less reliable, employ fewer Queenslanders and be owned and controlled by overseas interests whose primary focus will be maximizing profit at the expense of ordinary Queenslanders”
Rockhampton – Community Cabinet Sunday 14th – from 10am Frenchville State School, Frenchville Road, Rockhampton contact Stuart Traill 0488 225 625
Not4Sale activities this week 13th and 14th Sept around the State general contact – Stuart Traill 0488 225 625
Saturday 13th Sept
- Clayfield – Saturday 13th 8am-10am Not4Sale roadside campaign continues meet outside LNP Member Tim Nicholls’ electorate Office 741 Sandgate Rd Clayfield. Contact Andrew 0448 633 858
- Cairns – Saturday 13th 8am – 10 am Not4Sale rally – outside LNP Barron River MP Michael Trout’s Campaign Office, Stanton Road Smithfield. Contact Michael Haire 0430 072 049
- Sarina –Saturday 13th Sept – Not4Sale stand at the Sarina Festival. Contact Glenn Hall 0419 721 029
- Gold Coast – Saturday 13th 7.30am – 10.30am Outside LNP member for Burleigh Michael Hart’s electoral office. 1 Paradise Avenue, Miami QLD 4220 Burleigh Waters QLD 4220, Contact Beau Malone 0430 824 609
- Mackay – Saturday 13th 8am – 10am Roadside Hi Visibility – Nebo Rd opposite the Showgrounds Saturday morning contact Glenn Hall 0419 721 029
- Townsville – Saturday 13th 9am – 10am Roadside Hi Visibility Crn Ross River Rd and Nathan St contact Wal Giordani 0419 721 045
- Sunshine Coast – N4S info at Noosa Show Sat 13th Contact Dan Bessell 0437 184 315
- Ipswich – Saturday 13th 8am – Hi Visibility activities outside Ian Berry’s office 125 Brisbane Rd,
BOOVAL Contact Paul Evans 0439 797 049
- Thursday Island – Not4Sale presence at the Battle of the Bands on Thursday Island Ken Brown Oval Thursday Island Saturday 13th. Contact Tommy Sebasio 0459 217 130
- Toowoomba – Saturday 13th from 9:15am rally outside LNP Member for Toowoomba North Trevor Watts’ Office 297 Margret St (ABC Building opposite Grand Central) contact Dan McGaw for more details 0437 012 451
Sunday 14th September
- Rockhampton – Community Cabinet Sunday 14th – 10am Frenchville State School, Frenchville Road, Rockhampton. contact Stuart Traill 0488 225 625
- Brisbane Nundah – Not4Sale Stall, outside Nundah Festival Sunday 14th September, 8.30am – lunchtime, Nundah Memorial Park Buckland Rd contact Lara 0437 357 998