New Year’s Eve on Cairns Esplanade
Celebrate New Year’s Eve on the Cairns Esplanade with this fun, free, all ages event.
- Family entertainment with the Doyle Family Fun Show 6pm – 9pm
- Live music (headlined by Mark Seymour) 6pm to midnight
- Fireworks 9pm and midnight
Renowned singer-songwriter Mark Seymour will headline the annual Cairns Esplanade New Year’s Eve concert. The former Hunters and Collectors frontman will be joined by his current band The Undertow on the Cairns Esplanade stage.
The Cairns Esplanade New Year’s Eve program will kick off at 6pm with a quality line-up of Cairns talent, with Sam Clark followed by Frontear and Flavour.
The first fireworks display will light up the sky at 9pm and will be followed by a set from popular Cairns band Amy Chase. Mark Seymour and The Undertow will hit the stage at 10.30pm to take the audience through to midnight and the fireworks finale.
The concert is a free, all-ages event and there will be a family entertainment area near the Lagoon with The Doyle Family Fund Show and Rachael Bradley providing entertainment from 6pm.
Proudly brought to you by Cairns Regional Council and Rattle N Hum.
Cairns Esplanade road closures and parking restrictions for NYE celebrations
- The Esplanade, from Shields Street to Aplin Street, will be closed from 10am Wednesday 31 December 2014 until 6am Thursday 1 January 2015.
- Car parks along the Esplanade from Shields Street through to Aplin Street will be closed from 6am on Wednesday 31 December 2014 through to 6am on Thursday 1 January 2015.
- There will be parking restrictions and tow away zones implemented which will allow Council to set up along the road and provide emergency access.